Our Terms & Conditions – updated 8th May, 2023
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘you’ means the individual responsible for the purchasing and/or training at, where applicable, BOX30 sometimes referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’.
Before participating in any physical training provided by BOX30 we ask that you do not have any physical limitations or underlying health issues that might put your health and well-being at risk, or prevent you from enjoying your training experience. BOX30 will ask you to complete a participation health questionnaire (ParQ).
You acknowledge that you may suffer injury as a result of your participation and release BOX30 from any and all liability now or in the future, including but not limited to medical expenses, lost earnings or pain and suffering, that may occur by reason of heart attacks, muscle strains, pulls or tears, broken bones, shin splints, heat prostration, knee/lower back/foot injuries, and any other illness, soreness, or injury, whether occurring during or after your participation or use of the conditioning and exercise equipment and facilities, whether at the venue or online.
When visiting BOX30, you will not hold its owners, directors, managers and all employees of any liability against loss or damage to personal property.
You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of and acknowledge that these rules and regulations may change from time to time.
Health & Safety
If you are feeling unwell or suspect you may have symptoms consistent with Covid 19 you understand MUST NOT enter BOX30.
In entering the facility you must adhere to all recommended guidelines, including
∙ use of hand sanitiser provided.
∙ avoiding close contact with others.
∙ disposing of tissues properly in the bins provided.
∙ keeping any station, area or equipment you use clean after use with the products provided.
You must visit reception on arrival to ensure your visit is logged and you will be asked to sign in either manually or by scanner.
You do not need to book gym use but access is on a first come, first served basis and you may be required to wait a short time before you can start your session.
Children under the age of 15 cannot access or enter the gym unless given permission by the Fitness Centre Manager or Directors and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
We do not allow spectators other than interested, potential members who wish to view and find out about our services or purchase items from reception.
Registration & Purchase
To register or purchase from the online booking system you must be over 16 years of age. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. If you are under the age of 16 years you must have consent, in written form, from a parent or guardian.
All offers and prices are subject to change without notice.
Membership, Payment & Terms and Conditions
The agreement starts as soon as the first month’s membership has been paid. For our shorter-duration programmes you have accepted our terms of business by making payment, these terms will be emailed to you at the point of sale.
Membership starts on the membership start date.
Membership is for a minimum period of 6 or 12 months depending on which membership option you choose and commences from the membership start date.
During the first 6 or 12 months of this agreement, cancellation may only be considered as per the ‘Fair Cancellation Policy’ below.
Short courses such as our 6, 8 or 12-week programmes are paid in advance or part paid and not refundable however, for evidence-based injury or sickness we will be considered extending the duration of the programme, the ‘Fair Cancellation Policy’ is not offered for these programmes.
Members are entitled to all rights and privileges for the type of membership chosen.
This agreement is non-transferable. The fee relates exclusively to the use of the gym and weight loss programmes.
- All payment for membership is due in advance as follows: a. Annual membership: Payment in full before commencement of membership or b. Monthly Direct Debit memberships or c. Pay-As-You-Go session.
- There are NO Joining fees. The first membership payment must be made before any facilities may be used. These payments are non-refundable except in circumstances where: a. there has been a breach or negligence by us or b. On the valid exercise of your statutory cancellation rights.
- All monthly membership payments shall be paid by Direct Debit and are payable monthly in advance.
- A minimum of 6 or 12 monthly payments are required before this contract may be terminated. Once you have completed the 6 or 12 monthly Direct Debit payments you can cancel your membership by email to – [email protected] providing us with a minimum of one months’ notice.
You should not cancel your Direct Debit mandate with the bank until the final monthly payment has been taken. Membership will continue on the same basis (6 or 12 months as previously enjoyed) if not cancelled by you.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than 30 days, you will be denied access to the facilities until the amount due has been paid in full.
- You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the member details provided. 7. Annual membership payments purchased at discounted rates are non-refundable.
- A member whose membership is terminated shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect, there will be no entitlement to refund of any monthly membership charges already paid.
- Monthly membership fees may be increased, subject to a minimum of 30 days’ notice, at the discretion of BOX30 Limited. Membership prices will not increase for the contract period of 6 or 12 months other than for potential VAT costs.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any member who re-joins the centre following any previous period or periods of membership shall pay the appropriate fee for new members.
- For members under 18 only (third party payer) the agreement to pay is with the person who gives consent to the membership this must be the same person who makes the payment in full or initial payment and subsequent payments. It is the person over 18 who signs these terms and conditions and pays the membership fee that will be responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions. Members under 18 years of age have the right to cancel their membership anytime by contacting BOX30 Limited and giving 30 days’ notice in advance.
- Annual membership is renewed for one year by payment of the membership fee in full in advance.
- BOX30 Limited operates a fair cancellation policy. Only under the following circumstances will we consider the cancellation of a membership within the first 6 or 12 months of a Direct Debit membership.
- Relocation: This agreement may be cancelled if the member moves to a permanent address more than 15 miles away from the facility. A copy of a utility bill or bank statement showing the new address should be supplied in support of this.
- Long term (over 4 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the opinion of a suitably qualified medical practitioner, prohibits exercise for 4 months or longer. Appropriate proof must be provided.
- Hardship: This agreement may be cancelled where the members’ financial circumstances have reduced to the extent where it makes it difficult to sustain the membership. Appropriate proof must be provided. E.g. a. Redundancy or loss of employment b. Breakdown of relationship – where a two income household reduces to a single income
- Pregnancy: This agreement may be cancelled upon receipt of appropriate written proof being given. Please note – cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is received in writing or via email. Appropriate proof may be in the form of an official document or a written statement by a medical practitioner, employer, or other official.
- Breach: This agreement may be cancelled if BOX30 Limited is in breach of contract. This includes not providing facilities or services which may reasonably be expected by the member, or where standards fall below that detailed in the membership terms and conditions.
- BOX30 Limited may also terminate this agreement with immediate effect, on notice to the Member, if there is a breach Rules e.g. theft or other criminal activity within the facility.
- A membership cancellation will not be implemented until the appropriate evidence is provided by the member and received in writing or via email to BOX30 Limited giving 30 days’ notice in advance.
- We do not offer a membership freeze period.
Special Discounts and Offers
We may occasionally offer special discounts on special services, offers, guest passes, and other similar features. These are subject to be withdrawn or changed without notice.
Terms of Successful Completion
At the end of a short duration programme, we may offer the option to take off the initial payment if joining our 12-month membership at the end of the original 6, 8 or 12 week programme. We would require one or more of the following;
∙ Provide a testimonial in the form of a Facebook and Google Review at the end of the programme and allow these to be used for promotional purposes.
∙ Make a Video Testimonial
∙ Achieve some pre-agreed goals such weight loss, body measurement reductions and fitness levels.
∙ Provide before and after pictures to be used for promotional purposes.
∙ Appropriate trainers / footwear and gyms clothing must be worn at all times.
∙ It is advised that valuables are not brought to the class and are taken at the owner’s risk.
∙ If the participant’s health changes at any time during membership we must be informed of the details, in writing, and a new PAR-Q must be completed.
∙ It is advisable that participants do not exercise on an empty stomach. ∙ Staff and fitness coaches are subject to change without notice.
∙ Persons registered on a sex offenders register will not be allowed to join BOX30 and this information must be disclosed.
∙ CCTV operates within the building
Any purchases from the shop which are defective or damaged upon arrival may be returned within 7 days for an exchange or refund.
Items may be returned within 14 days for exchange only. Returns are valid only for items that have not been used or damaged and are in the original packaging.
Customers are responsible for all shipping charges on exchanges or refunds. Refunds are only available when an equivalent replacement is unavailable and the customer does not wish to exchange for another product. If you have any questions email [email protected]